Work With Us
These are current job opportunities at Charter Oak Cultural Center. The appropriate contact information can be found in each listing.
House Manager (Part-Time)
Charter Oak Cultural Center’s House Manager must interact with and meet the reasonable needs of patrons, renters, community partners, visiting artists and partnering organizations that use our venue in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating Box Office management for events including handling money
- Preparing physical space for events, such as setting-up tables and chairs
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the space both inside and out, including stocking bathrooms and picking up debris, cleaning the kitchen area
- Providing event attendees with membership and mailing list sign-up forms
- Gathering event details, such as number of attendees and other demographic information.
A House Manager must be a self-motivated, independent thinker with the ability to multi-task while responding to sudden and immediate problems involving patron issues, complaints, and medical emergencies with a positive attitude. A House Manager is responsible for locking doors and securing the building after events.
Qualifications: Preferred – Equivalent to 2 years of full-time or part-time experience providing service support for a theater or related business including box office and food service management. This is a part-time position with variable hours based on the schedule of events. Weekend and evening availability is a must. Applicants must be able to navigate stairs and lift items.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
21 Charter Oak Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106